Well, I had planned on washing my hair last night, but I had forgotten the fact that I had planned to go to a footy match with my boyfriend. So today I had to compensate and go for something to cover the fact that my hair is pretty greasy.
Behold…my Ponytail Stacked Braid!
I’m actually pretty happy with how this style has turned out, and although the bobby pins kind of show a little bit, I think it still looks pretty good 🙂
It’s an easy style to acheive, here are the steps:
1. Gather your hair into a low ponytail, angled slightly to your favourite side (mine’s the right).
2. Place your hair over your preferred shoulder. Take the front third of your hair and braid it neatly, secure with an elastic.
3. Braid the rest of your hair into a dutch braid, leaving the small braid out. Tie it with an elastic and pull on the loops to make it thicker. You should now be left with two braids, the smaller of the two in front of the larger one.
4. Now for the stacking- position your braids so that the small is on top of the large one. Secure both together with an elastic and get rid of the elastics you were previously using.
5. Take 2 bobby pins and carefully pin the small braid to the back, this way it won’t move throughout the day. Try and hide them better than I did though 🙂