It’s Bank Holiday Weekend, and I know that a lot of us are having family over or even just having a lazy weekend in the house. Pizza is one of my all time favourite foods: and I am very guilty of the odd late night Dominos or Pizza Hut… So, sometimes when I fancy a pizza, I make it myself- because at least it’s (relatively) healthier.
This is such as easy recipe to make, and I promise it will become a fast family favourite once you’ve given it a go!
French Stick (Baguette) Pizza
Serves 2 Prep Time: 20 Minutes
What You’ll Need:
For the Pizza:
- A full sized Baguette
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Any other Toppings you like
- Tomato Sauce (unless you want to make it)*
*For the Tomato Sauce (if you want to make your own): Makes 6-8 Portions
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Red Onion
- A handful of each of these herbs: Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, Oregano, Basil
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 tube Tomato Puree
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Rasher of Bacon OR a small piece of chorizo (richens the flavour) *OPTIONAL*
- Coconut Oil
- For your tomato sauce: Sweat off the garlic, bacon and onion until soft, add salt and pepper. Add in herbs, sauce and tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Add tomato Puree, simmer for 15-20 minutes. Use a hand blender or jug blender to blend sauce until smooth. Portion into tubs for the freezer, leaving enough for your pizza. (One Ladle counts as a portion)
- Cut your baguette in half and then Quarters, split each quarter in half and place onto a baking tray.
- Spread a generous amount of sauce onto each slice using a tablespoon.
- Add any pepperoni, peppers or meats at this stage. Top with grated mozzarella.
- Either place your pizza in the oven at 190 for 20 minutes, or place in the top grill for 10 minutes. Start on medium and then turn to high once the cheese has started to melt- this ensures the whole pizza is piping hot when serving. Enjoy!