I don’t know what could be better than this… I have seen countless videos and recipes for these meatballs in the past year, so I decided to give it a go myself to see what all the fuss was about- and WOW! I’m so glad I did! These are so easy to make and are super filling… I hope you enjoy!
Serves: 3-4 Prep Time: ~1 hour
- 500g Lean Beef Mince
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg and 1 Yolk
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Handful Fresh Parsley
- 2 Mozzarella Balls (you can also use a block of mozzarella)
- 3 Cups Tomato Sauce (3 Ladles full)
- 300g Spaghetti
- 1 Garlic Flatbread
1. First of all: Place your mince meat, egg, breadcrumbs, seasoning, and parsley into a large bowl. Mix together until all combined.
2. Cut up 12-16 cubes of Mozzarella (I’ve done 12 here) and pick up a small handful of mince. Roll it in your hands until a ball, make a well with your finger and place the cheese inside. Close the hole until the cheese is completely covered. Repeat.
3. You can cook this one of two ways:
- Slow Cooker in a dish with tomato sauce for 1.5 hours on 180C
- Brown the meatballs in a pan and then add to preheated sauce, cook for a further 20 minutes at 180C. The tomato sauce here is heated for 10 minutes at 180C whilst meatballs are browning. You can make your own sauce or buy it, if you’d like to use my tomato sauce recipe- check out my ‘Homemade French Bread Pizza‘ Post.
4. When the meatballs have 10 minutes left to cook, it’s time to put your garlic bread in the oven and cook off your spaghetti. Once all is done, serve and garnish with a little more fresh parsley, Enjoy!
I hope you liked this recipe, let me know if you have any additional tips for this recipe or even if you have had these before yourself!