I’m sorry I’ve not been as active on my blog the past few weeks, things have been really busy at work and home- but I’m getting back into full swing now!
Today I want to share an easy lunchtime/ dinner recipe which Sam actually requested me to make him after he had a man date the other week with his friend Sam. Of course, I am always up for trying new things so here it is!
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 180g rice
- Lime juice
- Dried or fresh parsley
- Peri Salt
- Salt and pepper
- First of all, season your chicken with some salt and pepper, and begin to fry with a small amount of oil in a pan.
- Boil some water and add rice into a pan along with the juice of half a lime and a sprinkling of parsley. Bring to the boil and cook until tender.
- Whilst your chicken and rice are cooking, it’s time to prepare the avocado. **quick tip** if you are unsure if an avocado is ripe, take the small bud from the top off and if it’s green, it’s ripe. Slice your avocado in half and then slice vertically and horizontally through the flesh, making sure not to slice the skin. Push the skin up to release the chunks of avocado.
- Once your rice is cooked and you chicken is browned, it’s time to serve. Layer rice at the bottom, avocado in the middle and chicken on top. Sprinkle with some Peri salt and enjoy!
I hope you like this recipe, it’s a great one to make a batch of and use for lunch the next day. Super healthy and full of protein, this is a great option for a pre-workout lunch!