There’s nothing better than a good ice lolly on a hot day. And Solero Ice Lollies are one of my personal favourites, the mixture of fruity mango and creamy ice cream is just so refreshing on a hot day. I love ice lollies far too much, and it’s no good for my waistline! So I decided to try making a healthier option: so I present to you my Solero Nice Cream!
The concept of nice cream is essentially using blended banana as an ice cream base instead of dairy products. It’s vegan, gluten free and super simple and tasty.
Solero Nice Cream
Prep Time: 10 mins (plus 4 hours for freezing)
- 1 Mango
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Water
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or half a vanilla pod)
- First of all, cut up your bananas and mango, place on a baking sheet and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Once your fruit is frozen- separate your mango and banana. Into a blender, place your Bananas and vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more vanilla to taste.
- Place your mango, sugar and water into the blender and blend until smooth. Add more sugar if the mango is a little too tangy.
- To serve, dollop the nice cream into a bowl, then take your mango and drizzle it over the top. Voila!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and please let me know if you try it yourself!