I’m not a big meat eater- but I do have a soft spot for Chicken. I also love to use any excuse to use my griddle pan!
This is a super easy meal, me and Sam made this at the weekend in-between clearing out the loft and going out or a walk- so it’s not something that takes too much time, and it’s so filling and tasty!
Serves 2 Prep Time 40 Mins
For the Chicken:
- 3 Chicken Steaks or Flattened Breasts
- Maggi ‘So Tender’ Paprika Chicken (alternatively, make mix paprika, coriander, parsley and a little garlic powder together)
- Juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
For the Mash:
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes (or 2 Large)
- 1tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Frozen Veg- Mixed (here I have carrot, sweetcorn, peas, green beans and broccoli)
- Parsley to Garnish
- Taking a microwavable plate, poke holes in the top of your sweet potatoes and pop into the microwave for 8 minutes- this makes the cooking process much quicker. Once the are done, take a foiled tray and place in the oven at 180C for approximately 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the marinade onto your chicken whilst you microwave the potato to let the flavour begin to sink in. Once your potatoes have been in the oven for 15-18 minutes, place onto a hot grill pan and begin to cook.
- Squeeze your lemon juice over the chicken, add salt and pepper and continue to cook for 4 minutes. Flip over and cook for a further 4 minutes, or until golden and piping hot. Sprinkle with a little parsley.
- Once the potatoes are done, take them out of the oven and onto a tray. Split them down the middle and spoon out the flesh. Place into a tub with the butter and a little salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and to taste.
- You can either boil your vegetables or microwave them. Boiling takes around 5 minutes and microwaving will take 3 minutes. Add a knob of butter to your vegetables before serving.
- Serve your vegetables, mash and chicken to a plate and sprinkle some more parsley on top. Enjoy!
11 thoughts on “Paprika Chicken”
That is bursting with flavor, and I’m loving that you put sweet potato mash with it. What a delicious meal!
I love this recipe! I’m also one of those people who are not big on meat, but chicken is my guilty pleasure. I often make this kind of chicken, but I usually make rice with it, because I never dared to buy sweet potato :$ I guess I’ll have to try it out
I was a bit like that with sweet potato for a long time, I was scared to try it- but honestly its so good!
Maybe one day I’ll gather the courage to try it xD
You won’t regret doing, and it’s super healthy too so thats a bonus!
This dinner looks so good, I love sweet potatoes they are my favourite food. That chicken looks so good! I cant wait to try thus out!!
What a good looking dish! And I love the sweet potato mash. Yum!
The recipe looks great!
I love sweet potatoes.
What a delicious meal!