I’m not a big meat eater- but I do have a soft spot for Chicken. I also love to use any excuse to use my griddle pan!
This is a super easy meal, me and Sam made this at the weekend in-between clearing out the loft and going out or a walk- so it’s not something that takes too much time, and it’s so filling and tasty!
Serves 2 Prep Time 40 Mins
For the Chicken:
- 3 Chicken Steaks or Flattened Breasts
- Maggi ‘So Tender’ Paprika Chicken (alternatively, make mix paprika, coriander, parsley and a little garlic powder together)
- Juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
For the Mash:
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes (or 2 Large)
- 1tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Frozen Veg- Mixed (here I have carrot, sweetcorn, peas, green beans and broccoli)
- Parsley to Garnish
- Taking a microwavable plate, poke holes in the top of your sweet potatoes and pop into the microwave for 8 minutes- this makes the cooking process much quicker. Once the are done, take a foiled tray and place in the oven at 180C for approximately 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the marinade onto your chicken whilst you microwave the potato to let the flavour begin to sink in. Once your potatoes have been in the oven for 15-18 minutes, place onto a hot grill pan and begin to cook.
- Squeeze your lemon juice over the chicken, add salt and pepper and continue to cook for 4 minutes. Flip over and cook for a further 4 minutes, or until golden and piping hot. Sprinkle with a little parsley.
- Once the potatoes are done, take them out of the oven and onto a tray. Split them down the middle and spoon out the flesh. Place into a tub with the butter and a little salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and to taste.
- You can either boil your vegetables or microwave them. Boiling takes around 5 minutes and microwaving will take 3 minutes. Add a knob of butter to your vegetables before serving.
- Serve your vegetables, mash and chicken to a plate and sprinkle some more parsley on top. Enjoy!