Today I want to talk to you about this beauty- the Barry M Super Natural Palette. This is an exclusive to Superdrug. Costing only £6.49, this is a great addition to my eye collection, because it features some beautiful, shimmery pinks. I did briefly talk about this in my August Favourites, if you want to see what else I loved last month, take a look over there! (shameless plug, I know. A girl’s gotta try!)
It’s no Secret that I love Barry M nail polish, it’s my holy grail. I would be shocked if any other brand impressed me more than dear Barry. However, I have never strayed much further into the brand than nails, and I spotted this palette in Superdrug last month, and I was sold even before I saw the colours inside the palette. The packaging is so cute and feminine, and the magnet close is really strong for a drugstore brand. A win win right off the bat for me.
The mirror in this palette is actually pretty good for an eye shadow palette, and I even noticed a few stray eyebrow hairs while I was looking into it (thank you, mirror).
What caught my attention the most was the light pink, second in on the left.It’s hard to do this colour justice with just a photograph, but the shimmer on this colour in particular is immense. This is the perfect inner corner highlight shade, and I have used it a few times now, and it really does brighten up the eyes.
I tried my absolute best to get a good swatch of the first 4, but alas, my lighting just wasn’t good enough. Either way, they are very subtle colours anyway.
You can see with the bottom 4 that there is definitely a difference in the theme of the palette as you travel further right. How I see it, is that it’s almost like an all-round palette, with capabilities of a wearable look in the day, and a smoky one at night.
As I did for my last eye palette review: Wild and Alluring Palette Review , I am going to show you a couple of looks you can create with this palette. And since the colours here are very much light and dark, I have decided to show you a daytime look which can be transformed into a nighttime look by making a few small changes.
For this wearable daytime look, I will be focusing on the left hand side of the palette.
- First of all I ma going to prime my eyes with MUA Pro Base Eye Primer.
2. Next up I am using the lightest shade and covering my whole lid, this will act as a great base for blending the rest of the shades.
3. Now I am taking the matte pink and covering my lower lid.
4. This step is optional, but to add a little extra crease definition, I am using the brown colour third in from the right in my outer corner.
5. I am taking the darker pink and coating the outer half of my lid, and then the lighter pink will go on the inner half.
6. I am simply going to apply a little bit of my No7 Dramatic Lift Mascara, and that’s it!
To finish off this feminine, natural look- I am applying Barry M Lip Boss in the colour Let’s Touch Base. This smells like strawberries. Every time I wear this I have to stop myself from licking my lips!
Transforming this to a Nighttime look is simple, and we only need the grey and black in the palette to achieve a sexy, smoky eye.
- First up I am taking the charcoal grey colour and blending it into the outer crease.
2. Then I am taking this stunning shimmery black, and layering it over the grey, concentrating more on the outer V to really bring depth to the eye. I am also taking this colour and applying it underneath my lower lash line, smoking it out with a thin brush as I go.
At this point you could just apply some mascara and be good to go, but I decided to take this a few steps further and I am applying Tanya Burr Everyday Flutter Lashes to dial up the drama.
To finish off this look, I am applying my new favourite lipstick- No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Soft Paprika.
*BEAUTY TIP* if you want a matte lip but don’t have one in the right colour- press a little translucent powder on top of your lipstick to create a matte effect.
I really like this palette. The pigment isn’t the brightest I have seen, but with this I think that’s a good thing. It’s a natural themed palette, and every single one of these shades is wearable every day in some capacity.
Overall, I want to award this palette 2.5/3- only dropping half due to a little fallout.
I would absolutely recommend this palette to those with any skin tone, especially my fair skinned friends out there!
What do you think of this palette?