Yes, it’s that time of year again. Roast Dinner Time!
And although nothing can beat a traditional Sunday roast, it can be a little daunting to handle so many different aspects of the dish at once, without things burning or going cold. Which is why I am a HUGE fan of this recipe, because all you have to do is get everything onto a baking tray and leave it.
The only preparation you’ll need for this chicken roast is to pre-boil the veggies and make a sticky and herby barbecue glaze. Simple as that.
For the glaze you’ll need brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, herbs, cajun seasoning and barbecue sauce.
You can use whatever veggies you prefer, but I chose a simple combination of broccoli, green beans, carrots and parsnips.
Simply pop everything onto a foiled tray and bake!
One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner
Serves:2 Prep Time: 45 mins
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup soft dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp Blackened Cajun
- salt and pepper
For the Roast:
- 2 Large Chicken Breast Fillets
- 4 Baby Parsnips (or 2 large)
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1/2 Head of Broccoli
- 1 cup Green Beans ( I used frozen)
- To make the glaze, dissolve the sugar in water at medium heat. Add in all other ingredients and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Prep and wash your veggies, then boil for 4 minutes in a pan of water.
- On a foiled tray*, Add your veggies on each side and spread out. Place your chicken breasts in the centre and season with salt and pepper. Pour most of the glaze onto the chicken and drizzle some on the veggies if you like. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes, uncover and bake for a further 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite sides. I served this with my Garlic, Lemon and Herb Roasted Potatoes and it was delicious!
*I use a foiled tray because it saves on washing up afterwards, as all you need to do is throw the foil away!