Christmas. That perfect time of the year where you can get away with eating as many treats as physically possible without being judged, because let’s face it everyone else is doing exactly the same thing.
Today I want to show you my first attempt at making not only mince pies, but pastry as well. This was so fun to make and I am absolutely IN LOVE with these Mince Pies!
With a winning combination of Paul Hollywood’s pastry and James Martin’s filling (which I have the recipe for here), these are the perfect treat for Christmas day!
Perfect Mince Pies
Makes: 16 Prep time: 40 minutes
- Mince Pie Filling
- 375g plain flour
- 260g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg, and 1 beaten egg
- First off measure out all of your ingredients. Add flour and butter into a large mixing bowl and work together until They form a breadcrumb.
- Add in the sugar and egg then mix until thoroughly combined. Tip out onto a floured surface and work with your hands until a dough is formed. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry thinly and cut into approximately 10cm circles. Place in a greased muffin tin.
- Preheat your oven to 200c. Spoon 1 tbsp of Mince meat into each pie. Cut out star shapes to cover the top of the pies. Wash with egg and sprinkle with some caster sugar. Bake for 15-20 mins.
- Once cooked, let them cool for 5 minutes and then lift out onto a cooling rack. Sprinkle with some icing sugar and serve with whipped cream!