Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.
It’s Christmas Eve!
Whether you are young or old, tall or small- Christmas eve is a day to get excited, watch festive movies and have a cheeky glass of port before bedtime.
Santa of course has a very difficult job on his hands on this day, so he will need some good fuel for his journey around the world tonight. Milk and a Mince pie is Santa’s favourite treat on his travels, and I thought this year we could step it up a bit for him.
This sweet vanilla, cinnamon and ginger infused milk is the perfect warming drink that Santa will love, and of course if we serve that with some Perfect Mince Pies , he’ll be well on his way to a happy Christmas!
- Milk (or non dairy substitute)
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 vanilla pod ( or 2tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat up the milk in a pan.
- Add in your vanilla and spices, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the milk through a sieve into your bottle and serve with a mince pie ready for Santa to visit!
Don’t forget the carrot for his reindeer!