‘On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree’
I hope you are all having the most AMAZING day today, and that you got everything you wished for this year 😉
It’s Day One of my 12 Days of Blogmas, and I couldn’t be more excited to share this with you guys! It’s a Partridge in a Pear Tree!
I took this one literally, and I have created a simple, quick and delicious dessert for the festive season. This is my caramelised pear ‘tree’ with a fresh berry compote and a Partridge on top!
- A Pear
- A Partridge (cut out of paper)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100g fresh berries (or frozen)
- Start by taking your pear and making cuts in a zig zag pattern all the way along the bottom, repeat again 1cm above and continue until you reach the tip. Cut off the base of the pear so it stands up.
- Sprinkle the pear with a little sugar and the cinnamon. Pop onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 180C.
- Meanwhile, begin making the compote. Simply add the berries (leave enough for serving), lemon juice and sugar into a pan and warm on a low- medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes whilst the pear cooks.
- Once your pear is cooked, serve on a plate with a drizzle of compote, berries, nutella and your partridge on the top!
This is a super easy festive treat that you an make any day for a light, delicious and impressive looking dessert. I hope you enjoy it, and if you try it tag me on twitter (@Imiiix) or Instagram (@gingernut2115) so I can see!