Spring is finally in the air, although if you live in Manchester like me you probably wouldn’t have noticed. I know it’s been a little while since my last post, and that’s purely down to me being ill for most of last week and lack of time. Sam and I have been booking viewings for some houses around our area and every spare hour we have is researching houses. It’s VERY exciting and I just hope that we are lucky enough to get one of the houses we are looking at!
Today I wanted to share this recipe with you, because I think that nut butter is a pretty popular subject at the moment, and many of us are looking to broaden our horizons instead of sticking to the old classics, and besides, I HATE peanut butter with a passion. So this recipe for me is a great way to use my favourite nut to make a healthy, protein packed spread for myself!
This recipe is super simple and only contains 4 ingredients. There are no preservatives, artificial flavours or any of that stuff. This is just simple, natural and delicious.
Let’s get to it shall we?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 400g Unsalted Pistachios (I bought mine from ALDI)
- 1-2 tbsp Natural Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 ml Water
- First of all, de-shell the Pistachios. Pop them into a food processor. Add half of your yogurt and blitz until crumbly.
- Add the rest of your yogurt, the honey and salt. Process until smooth.
- If like me, your food processor isn’t strong enough to blend the mix, transfer it to a blender and add in some water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread onto toast, mix into oats or use as a dip for fruit. This nut butter is like pistachio heaven. ENJOY!