I don’t know about where you are, but this weekend for us was the hottest of the year so far- it was 20C at one point! Anyway, with spring well and truly underway, and Easter just around the corner- I wanted to create a simple, pretty spring makeup look for the season.
This look focuses on feminine pinks and soft highlight to create an effortless look for the spring time. I wore this on Saturday when we went for a walk by the canal and stopped at the pub for a few pints!
For this makeup look, I started by doing my normal everyday face routine:
- Barry M Flawless Primer
- No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in Calico
- Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer in Light
- No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder in Translucent
I apply these products in the following order: primer, foundation, concealer, powder. I then apply my trusty Barry M Chisel Cheeks contour kit, using the middle shade as a contour, and then the Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Palette as my blush and highlight- using the lightest pink as blush and the lightest golden shade on the tops of my cheek bones, cupid’s bow, inner corner of my eye and brow bone.
Eyes and Lips
And then moving on to the eyes. I apologise in advance for the state of my palette- I use it literally every day so it gets quite messy!
- Firstly I am taking the top left pink of the Revolution Palette and applying this to the inner third of my lower lid.
*if you’re wondering what that indent is on my eyelid- it’s a scar. Apparently when I was about 5 this girl pushed me into the corner on a metal cabinet, I don’t remember
2. I’m now taking 2 different colours and layering them- first of all- I am applying the top left pink shade all over the rest of my lower lid. Then I am taking the bright pink shade and applying this over the top.
3. I am then using this shade- Urban Decay’s Guilt – and applying this on the outer third of my lower lid, making sure to blend this really well.
4. Then I am taking that same middle shade from the Barry M palette and buffing this into the crease. Once everything is blended- I am using the lightest shade to fill in my upper lid.
For lips I am going to be using my No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in the colour “Spring Pink”
It’s as simple as that! A pretty, shimmery and springy makeup look for this sunny weather 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, remember to tag me on Twitter @gingerfoxblog or Instagram @imogenbethclegg if you try this look out!