I hope you all had a great bank holiday weekend! I certainly did!
Am I the only person who isn’t that bothered about Easter Eggs? I like chocolate as much as the next guy, but for some reason when I get eggs at Easter they end up in my cupboard for months until I give up and melt them down into cornflake cakes. I just want to point out that I wouldn’t dream of doing such a thing with a Lindt bunny though- those are my favourite. In fact, if any of you have got one you don’t want… send em my way.
Today I wanted to share a quick nail tutorial- because it’s getting warmer now and the summer colours are coming out!
I’m sure you’ve all heard of Chrome Nails- they’ve been practically everywhere since the start of the year. But the bummer is that unless you have a UV Lamp, you can’t use the powder. However- I have found a way to use the powder which gives you a chrome shimmer- it’s not quite as dazzling as traditional chrome nails- but I think it’s still really pretty.
This is what you’ll need:
- Chrome Powder kit- I got this one
- Barry M Sunset- Peach for the Stars
- Barry M Sunset Top Coat
These nail polishes from Barry M act similar to gel polish- they use the sunlight to dry and stay on for longer than regular nail polishes.
- First of all, coat your nails with 2 thin coats of the peach varnish.
- Once the polish is 95% dry- as in you can press your finger on it without the polish changing state or sticking- it’s time to apply the first coat of powder. Dip the applicator into the powder, and the very lightly begin to stroke over your nail- root to tip. Continue until the entire nail is covered- repeat.
- Apply a layer of top coat and then repeat the powder process until you are satisfied with the coverage. Apply the top coat on top to seal and you’re done!
These nails are pretty simple to achieve and will give you that iridescent shimmer which just screams summer.
Don’t forget to tag me if you try these out- I’d love to see!