So the other day I was trying to work out how I could get big, voluminous curls without using a curling iron, because I don’t have a curling iron anymore. I’m really lazy with my hair, so the thought of blowing it out and curling it every morning is just too much for me. I have to be out of the house at 7:25am every day, so I’m not missing out on that extra sleep just for a sleek hair do. I’ve tried SO MANY different tutorials with girls using straighteners and twist braids, but for some reason my hair just won’t stay put for long enough. Luckily, I spotted this method on YouTube, and I decided to give it a go that same night- what I ended up with were these big, voluminous curls without using heat! Winner winner, chicken dinner.
I admit I did a little happy dance that morning…
So, today I’m really happy to share with you how I got these curls.
What you’ll need:
- a scrunchie or headband (you can’t use a normal hair tie for this, it needs to be slightly looser)
- lots of bobby pins
- hairspray (if you want)
- a hairbrush- I use this one
- After you’ve washed your hair in the evening, let it air dry until it’s 90% dry. If you haven’t washed your hair, just dampen it slightly.
- Brush your hair thoroughly, and then bring it into a high ponytail at the top of your head. You might look like a pineapple tonight, but you’ll be a goddess in the morning!
- Take a small section of hair and brush it. Place 2 fingers at the top of the strand and wrap your hair around tightly. Remove your fingers and bobby pin the hair in place underneath your scrunchie. Repeat this step all around your head until it looks like this…
- Sleep with this overnight, or leave it in for a few hours if you’ve done this in the morning. Once done, carefully remove the bobby pins, take your hair out of it’s pony and flip your head upside down. Shake. Flip your head back up and voila! Sexy, big curls with minimal effort and NO HEAT! If you really want to make sure these stay put, add some hairspray too.
Now go out and be a hair goddess…