Can you believe it’s almost June? Last time I looked it was April. This year is definitely running at lightning speed so far, I’m struggling to keep up with it!
It’s safe to say that this Bank Holiday wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. With the heatwave we had at the tail end of last week, I had hoped for a beach trip this weekend- but of course that was too good to be true. Anyway, I still managed to spend a lovely few days with Sam and my family, so there can’t be too much to complain about!
Spicy Potato Wedges. Such a simple and tasty side dish, and always a family favourite! This recipe only requires a few spices and tastes delicious.
Spicy Potato Wedges
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 40 minutes
- 2 Large Baking Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Flour
- Start off by cutting your potatoes into wedges. I do this by cutting the potato in half, then half again, then half once more. You should end up with nice thick wedges this way.
- Preheat your oven to 210C. Line a baking sheet with foil and add 1 tbsp butter. Place in the oven to heat up. Bring a pan to the boil and boil the potatoes for 6-8 minutes, or until you can push your fork easily through the potato.
- In a bowl, add in the rest of your ingredients, and once the potatoes have boiled- rinse them and add them into the bowl. Mix well to coat with the spices and stab with a fork to help the potatoes fluff up.
- Place on your warmed baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn up the temperature to 220C.
- Serve with your favourite meal or as a buffet dish!