Now, before you say anything, I know that this isn’t the most attractive looking of dishes- and I had my reservations about adding such an un-photogenic meal to my blog. But the taste makes up for the lack of finesse tenfold, I promise. This dish is creamy, rich and full of flavour- and pairs perfectly with spicy side dishes such as my Spicy Potato Wedges
This is one of mine and Sam’s favourite dishes, and we will always do this as a treat at the end of the week. Tarragon Chicken, spicy wedges and a glass of red wine is the perfect combination.
This dish is one pot and only takes around 20 minutes to make, so it’s perfect for those nights where you just can’t decide what to cook.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Diced Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1/2 Pint Milk
- 150g Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tbsp Tarragon (or 1 Fresh Bunch)
- Melt the butter in your pan on medium low heat. Add in the diced chicken and half of the tarragon. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and bouncy.
- Turn the heat down to low- this is important because we don’t want to burn the flour. Add in your flour and stir until a paste forms. Then add in a small splash of milk and turn the heat up to medium. Stir until dissolved.
- Keep adding small amounts of milk and stirring the sauce, it should begin to thicken slightly.
- Add in the rest of the tarragon and your cheese. Stir to melt the cheese and thicken your sauce. You can adjust the sauce to make it thicker by adding cheese, or thinner by adding milk.
- Once you’ve reached your desired consistency- you’re ready to serve!