For those of you who don’t know, it was my 23rd birthday on Monday, and I have spent the last 4 days eating lots of food, drinking wine and beer- and generally being a bit lazy if I’m honest. But today I’m back to reality and I need something delicious, filling and full of goodness for my body
Enter my Chicken Salad Bowl
This recipe is so simple to make and will fill you up for hours. It’s the perfect balanced meal for those days when it’s too hot for warm meals. You can even cook a big batch of the chicken and sweet potatoes in advance to use throughout the week!
Chicken, Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- Puy Lentils (1 cup)
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 200g Feta Cheese
- 2 Heads Romaine Lettuce#
- 1/2 cup Cucumber
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Grated Carrot
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat a foiled tray to 200C in the oven with the butter on, letting it fully melt. Cut up your Sweet Potato into small Cubes. You can peel it if you like but I prefer the skin left on.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts for quicker cooking.
- Place your sweet potatoes and chicken on the tray. Sprinkle the potatoes with 1 tsp garlic salt and paprika. Add the rest of the spices to the chicken and make sure everything is coated evenly. Cover the chicken with foil and bake for 30 minutes, taking the foil off for the last 10 minutes. Slice up the chicken into strips.
- Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients. Chop up the cucumber and tomatoes, grate your carrot and cube the feta cheese.
- Assemble your bowl by adding a bed of lettuce, followed by the rest of your prepared ingredients, Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and tuck in!