Now that autumn is here, which most of you know is my favourite time of year… we can now look forward to lots of hot chocolate, cosy movie nights and of course… autumn scented candles.
Give me cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg any day over those floral or fruity scented we get in summer. I just love the colour and the fragrance you get with autumn candles and that’s why when I ran out of candles last year… I saved the wax.
I had some bath and body works candles last year and when the wicks ran out I still had wax in the jars, and there was no way I was going to waste the scents in those babies! And therefore, here came the idea to turn them into cute little wax melts…
And since I have this cute little wax melter, I couldn’t help myself!
All you will need for this is some old wax from a candle, a silicone mould in whatever shape you like, and a wax melter for using it afterwards.
1. Start off by breaking the wax apart and cutting it into small, manageable pieces. This helps the wax melt quicker and makes the mixture look smoother when it has cooled.
2. Once you’ve done this, cram the pieces of wax into your mould until completely full. You can overfill this slightly as the wax will reduce in size as it melts.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes until melted
- Place in a sink and pour boiling water around the mould, wait for it to melt
4. Cooling the melts can be done by either placing them in the fridge, or surrounding it with cold water (and a Lego ice cube if you fancy) until they are solid.
5. Pop out of the mould and voila!
P.s. don’t worry about the little black specks, this is just the ash from your wick when it was in the candle
I hope you enjoyed this little DIY and now you can make the most of every last bit of that wax!
One thought on “Turning Old Candles Into Wax Melts”
LOVE wax melts 😍😍😍
My new blog post is here ☺️💗
If you could read and leave me a comment, I’d really appreciate it 🍁🍂🧡