Chicken. Fajita. Potatoes
Can you get any more comforting?
This recipe is something I have seen around and about before however I finally decided to try it out myself and put a personal spin on things. It is a low fat meal and it is something which is ideal for a midweek family meal when you are trying to keep calories to a minimum. It is super easy, only takes an hour and it is simply amazing!
Here we go…
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning ( paprika, cumin, cayenne, garlic, onion, salt, pepper)
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 beef tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle coriander
- Houmous and sour cream for topping
1. Start off by cooking the chicken in the oven with 1 tbsp fajita seasoning. Once cooked, pull apart and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, bake sweet potatoes in the oven until tender. Scoop out the middle and mix with a little seasoning for flavour.
3. Sauté the pepper and tomato with remaining seasoning for 10 minutes until golden and softened.
4. Mix the chicken, pepper and tomato and potato, and place back into the skins.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes or grill in high until bubbly.
6. Serve with your favourite toppings!