So today in quarantine I decided I wanted to try and make my own KFC style chicken. Admittedly being in lockdown I don’t have 11 herbs and spices to use for this recipe, but the chicken turned out so crispy and beautiful that I had to share it with you guys…
This recipe can be adjusted to what you currently have in your pantry and it is the ideal quarantine meal to experiment with this week.
Here’s my simple recipe:
2 chicken breast fillets
1 cup flour
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp coriander leaves
3 tbsp butter (melted)
4 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
4 tortilla wraps
Cheese ( cheddar or cheese slices)
2 tbsp Houmous
Mixed lettuce and spinach
1. Start off by assembling your spices and flour in a bowl, and make sure everything is mixed well.
2. Cut your chicken into small strips, for example for 2 chicken breasts I cut these into 12 pieces.
3. Preheat your oil in a frying pan. To pane your chicken: cover with flour mixture, dip in butter, then cover with another layer of the flour mixture.
4. Once you have coated half of your chicken, place into the pan and fry on both sides until golden and crispy. Place on a wire rack under the grill while you fry the next batch.
5. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes to ensure the crispiest edges.
6. Serve however you desire, here I created some simple wraps that are an ultimate midweek cheat meal!