There’s no better accompaniment to a curry than naan bread, but often naan bread takes a lot of time to make.
Like most bread, naan bread has to prove for hours to allow the yeast to do its job, and when you want to make a quick curry for the family on a weeknight, the waiting is a hassle.
That’s why today I want to share my simple 15 minute naan bread recipe that doesn’t even use yeast.
These little beauties are perfect for dipping into your favourite curry and you can make them any day of the week!
Here is my easy naan bread recipe that will be the perfect quarantine baking project!
260g strong white bread flour
250g natural yogurt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
Drizzle olive oil (1tbsp approx)
1-2tbsp milk as needed
1. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the bowl.
2. Add in yogurt and olive oil and start to mix. As you mix the dough together, add a dash of milk as needed to help bring the dough together.
3. Once the dough is smooth, cover with cling film and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat a frying pan with a small amount of oil.
5. Split the dough into 3-4 pieces. On a floured work surface, start to roll out your naan. Make sure when rolling out each naan, you don’t roll it any bigger than the frying pan you are using.
6. Once you have rolled out the dough, place in the frying pan and fry until brown bubbles form, then flip and fry on the other side. You should aim for some brown spots.
7. Serve plain, or if you want, melt some butter with garlic salt and coriander leaves and brush over the cooked naans. Enjoy!