Cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts, and whenever I head to a bakery, I always reach for millionaire shortbread.
So, I thought this year with my 26th birthday in lockdown, why not make a millionaire’s shortbread cheesecake?
This recipe is surprisingly easy, and doesn’t require baking, so it is the ideal light and fluffy cheesecake for you to enjoy this weekend.
Millionaire’s shortbread Cheesecake
For shortbread (unless you buy some)
180g plain flour
55g sugar, plus extra for dusting
450ml double cream
450g cream cheese
50g soured cream
2tsp vanilla extract
130g icing sugar
200g dark chocolate
1. If making shortbread: preheat the oven to 190C. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and butter with your hands until it feels like breadcrumbs. Add to a lined cake tin and press down. Chill for 15 minutes before baking for 15 minutes.
2. If using ready made shortbread, simply crush shortbread and mix with melted butter. Press into a cake tin and chill.
3. In a bowl add 250ml double cream and whip until stiff peaks form.
4. In a second bowl, beat together cream cheese and spited cream, then add vanilla, icing sugar, and a pinch of salt. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Take the cake tin out of the fridge, and add the cake mixture. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
6. Pour caramel over the cake, chill for 10 minutes.
7. Microwave 200ml double cream, and add dark chocolate, stirring to melt. Pour this ganache over your cake.