Since it’s my birthday and I’m spending it in lockdown this year, I decided why not treat myself and make a cake.
Kinder buenos are one of my favourite chocolate bars and cheesecake is a dessert I’ve not tried to bake before, so today I decided to mix these things together to make the perfect birthday cake.
Kinder Bueno Cheesecake
150g digestive biscuits
4 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
4 Bueno bars (8 sticks)
2 tbsp white chocolate spread
500g cream cheese
125g caster sugar
75ml double cream
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
100ml soured cream
Icing sugar for dusting
100g melted dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Take 2 of your beuno bars and scoop out the filling into a bowl for later.
2. Crush biscuits together with bueno wafer, hazelnuts and butter. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes. Chill.
3. Turn the oven down to 160C. In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, double cream, soured cream, vanilla, white chocolate spread, egg, and the bueno filling.
4. Pour over the chilled base. Wrap the bottom half of the cake tin with tin foil, place into a roasting dish, and pour boiling water around the cake tin about halfway. Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes. It should only slightly wobble in the middle and be cream on top and a little golden on the edges. Leave the oven door open and allow the cake to cool in the oven for 1 hour.
5. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature, cool in the fridge overnight or for 5 hours.
6. Decorate your cheesecake with a dusting of icing sugar, a drizzle of dark chocolate, whipped cream, and bueno pieces. You can play around with the decor a bit here!