It’s been a while since I last shared a recipe, but these were too amazing to resist!
Lockdown 2.0 was just as difficult as the first here in Manchester and most of my days have been spent either writing or looking after my two new members of the family…
With Christmas around the corner though- I thought it was time to say seasons greetings and share a yummy cookie recipe with you all! I hope you enjoy!
Gingerbread and White Chocolate Cookies
- 175g dark brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 large egg
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 300g white chocolate, chopped
1. Cream together the sugar and butter in bowl until smooth.
2. Add the egg and beat this until it is mixed well and liquidy.
3. Add all dry ingredients and mix well until a thick batter forms.
4. Add the white chocolate to the mix and get your hands dirty to mix the batter together and ensure the chocolate is evenly distributed.
5. Weigh 120g balls of batter and place them on a tray. You should have 8 balls of this weight in total. Freeze for 30 minutes or leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 180C. Add the cookies giving them plenty of room to spread as they cook. Bake for 14-16 minutes until they are golden, gooey and cracked on top. Leave to cool.
7. Enjoy with your favourite festive drink!