If January wasn’t your month, and you are looking to make a fresh start in your fitness journey in February – you’re not alone.
A lot of us put pressure on ourselves immediately after Christmas to change our ways and completely overturn our lifestyle and most of the time this fails in the first few days. I think in the whole of January I worked out 3 times!
But now that the weather is changing and days are getting lighter again, I’m ready to make a change and improve my eating habits as well as my workout routine.
With all that being said, today I want to share a simple ratatouille you can make during the week with leftover roasted vegetables. You can use the same veggies here as in my Roasted Vegetable Risotto and it is a super simple midweek meal to throw together.
To make this yourself and prep some healthy meals for your February diet – follow this simple recipe!
Ratatouille (serves 6)
- 500g lean beef mince (or meatless mince)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 500g roasted vegetables (butternut squash, aubergine, courgette, sweet potato, carrot)
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- Parmesan to serve
1. If roasting your vegetables freshly; drizzle some olive oil, mixed herbs, and garlic salt onto chopped vegetables and roast in the oven at 220C for 40 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan, heat some olive oil and add onion. Sweat for 5-8 minutes. Add beef mince and cook through.
3. Add tomato purée, basil, chopped tomatoes, and roasted vegetables.
4. Simmer for 5-10 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with fresh Crusty Bread Rolls and houmous.