Cheese, Chicken, Caprese… the 3 C’s that get Sam and I excited for dinner any day. This is our go to ‘date night’ meal- where we will watch something on the TV in the kitchen with good food and a glass of wine. There’s nothing I can think of that’d be better than that.
This recipe is one of the easiest meals to make, and it’s super tasty. It might not be the most beautiful to look at, but I promise that the taste is worth it.
If you’re in a pickle on what to have for tea tonight- or even what to cook for your partner on date night. This won’t disappoint…
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 2 Chicken Breast Fillets
- Olive Oil, salt and pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried Basil- or a small handful fresh
- 120ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp Honey
- 14 Cherry Tomatoes (approx.)
- One Mozzarella Ball
- Place the olive oil in a large pan with chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes on each side until cooked through and set aside.
- Crush the garlic and add it into the same pan, turning down the heat a little so it doesn’t burn. After 1-2 minutes add in the basil, balsamic vinegar and honey. At this point I like to add half of the tomatoes. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in along with the rest of the tomatoes and coat the chicken in the glaze. Place mozzarella slices onto the chicken and cover for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve with your favourite side, I’m serving mine with my Garlic, Lemon and Herb Roasted Potatoes