Oh, what lovely weather we’ve been having recently in the UK. It’s my birthday in a couple of weeks and knowing my luck by the time it comes around the rain will be pouring down once again.
During this warm weather I have been craving lighter meals, and one of the things I’ve been loving to do is make interesting salads and light pasta dishes. I’m not a fan of salad at all, but sometimes you just can’t hack a carb filled meal on a hot day.
Pesto is one of my favourite pasta sauces and chicken marinades too, and this week I decided to make myself a pesto inspired sauce to use with my pastas and salads. It is a recipe which is super simple, full of protein and it’s not fatty either, in fact, I have the stats for it on MyFitnessPal:
So without me chattering on, here’s my simple recipe for a versatile sauce which you can use with any meal!
Vegan Edamame Pesto
- 200g edamame beans (boiled)
- 1 large bunch basil (stalks included)
- 2 gloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare all ingredients. If you are using frozen edamame, pop them in the microwave for 2 minutes to warm them up.
2. Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Use on top of your favourite dishes!